🎇 Win a 5 star holiday with 5 star grass seed 🎇
Enjoy a weeks post-calving holiday in Castlegregory, Co. Kerry
Free entry with every bag of Stockmans Edge Grass Seed bought at Agway Milling Ltd or from one of our distributors:
- Howard Farms, Mallow, Co Cork (022) 26184
- Waterford FRS, Kilmacthomas, Co Waterford (051) 294277
- PJ Haskins Farms Supplies, Tullow, Co Carlow (087) 2119190
- Kehoes Agri & DIY store, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford (053) 9233814
Stockmans Edge is one of the only grass mixtures in the IRELAND with 2 X 5 Star grass varieties for grass utilisation:
ASPECT & XENON
Secure your 5 ⭐️ order of Stockman’s Edge silage or grazing mixes today
Grass has been a core part of Agway’s business from the beginning. Recognising the unique way in which Irish grassland is utilised as well as making up the most cost-effective part of rumen diets is the basis of our products. We take pride in how our products perform on farm and it is the on-farm performance that is the key driver in the growth of Stockman’s Edge grass mixtures. Grass breeding is a slow game, but changes are always afoot, we partnered up with DLF Ireland three years ago to include varieties being developed at their research site in Ireland in our efforts to continuously improve our offering to farmers.
When formulating our grass mixtures for the right balance of not only yield and quality but also to ensure the best utilisation by the rumen we look at all the data available to us from both the breeder and state recommended lists. The most efficient way to test and separate candidate varieties at trial level is to use a haldrup harvester which is essentially a mini combine harvester for the plots. However, we also recognise that this method of selection will not validate the animal palatability or achievable actual grazing residual of varieties. To evaluate this, DLF started a grass partner program four years ago to assess varieties at farm level. It was immediately obvious that clear differences existed between varieties with varieties like Xenon and Aspect consistently delivering very low residuals and high utilisation rates pointing towards very high palatability.
Teagasc Moorepark took this a step further sowing down all the recommended varieties back in 2016. This year the results of this study are represented by a star system on the 2021 Pasture Profit Index (PPI) with 5 stars being awarded to varieties with only the best grazing utilisation. DLF are the only breeder with two 5-star varieties on the list which backed-up our findings at farm level.
What is new to Stockmans edge 2021?
DLF Xenon is the top performing variety in Teagasc grazing trials. Xenon is the first NxtGen tetraploid brought to the Irish market. NxtGen varieties have a slender leaf and dense growth habit not associated with traditional tetraploids, combining the grazing ability and quality associated with tetraploids with the dense slender leaf associated with diploids.
DLF Aspect second to only Xenon in the Teagasc grazing trials. Aspect has a very high leaf to stem ratio ensuring quality in the leaf throughout the grazing season.
DLF Nashota is the second NxtGen variety to the Irish market and ranks up the top of the PPI (€200)– A new variety still waiting for the grazing score on the index but being a sister type to Xenon will be a top grazing variety. The perfect complement to Xenon in a grazing mix providing early spring growth and high quality.
DLF Bowie new to the 2021 PPI. Bowie is exceptional in it is an Ultra late heading diploid (16th June). Bowie is a leap forward in terms of Diploid quality for giving a very high-quality score on the 2021 PPI.
The competition will run from 1st April – 1st June 2021 with the draw to follow
The prize winner will be contacted directly by Agway Milling Ltd via email, please do not give out any contact or bank details to any other page claiming to be the supplier of this prize.
*Redemption of prize subject to Government COVID-19 restrictions
Terms & Conditions
These Competition Terms and Conditions apply to the competition ran by Agway Milling Ltd.
- The prize of 1 weeks stay in a holiday home in Castlegregory, Co. Kerry is non-transferable and must be utilized by the winner.
- The desired dates of stay are to be arranged with the competition winner and the owner at the discretion of the owner.
- The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions: “Entrant”, “You” and “Your” refers to the person partaking in a competition and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “the Company”, “Agway Milling Ltd” “Ourselves”, “We” and “Us”, refers to Agway Milling Ltd.
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions and contests run by the Company, Agway Milling Ltd unless specifically otherwise stated.
- In order to enter any competition, Entrants must correctly undertake the task set or answer the question correctly as the case may be in the instructions outlined in each competition. Competitions are only open to those identified as being permitted to enter or requested to enter. Competitions are not open to the Company’s employees, agents, contractors or subcontractors – or their families.
- All photos, drawings, text, editorial and any other content or information (collectively and severally called (“Competition Materials”) that you submit to Agway Milling Ltd shall become the sole and exclusive property of the Company, and Agway Milling Ltd shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any Competition Materials.
- By entering you are giving consent for Agway Milling Ltd and any of our distributors and agents to contact you for marketing purposes in the future.
- Agway Milling Ltd or their distributors and agents may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of Competition Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created for any purpose – without compensation to you of any kind.
- Entries must be strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and any other conditions stated in the messaging or promotions around such competitions, or they will be invalid. One entry is permitted per purchase. All entrants must reside in the Republic of Ireland. All entrants must be over the age of 18.
- By submitting Materials to the Company the Entrant represent and warrant that any Competition Materials do not infringe on any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Competition Materials to Agway Milling Ltd free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- You acknowledge and agree that Agway Milling Ltd and any of our distributors shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Competition Materials that you submit.
- You acknowledge and agree that Agway Milling Ltd and any of our distributors may make Competition Materials that you submit available for public viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Competition Materials that you submit to the Company. By submitting Competition Materials to the Company, you waive any privacy expectations that you might have with respect to the Competition Materials.
- Neither Agway Milling Ltd nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns shall be liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred because of any winner’s use of a prize including, but in no way limited to, each and every aspect of the taking of a trip or tour as part of a contest prize. Agway Milling Ltd is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection to any contest promoted by Agway Milling Ltd.
- Agway Milling Ltd accepts no responsibility or liability for entries or information relating to entries that are lost.
- Any damage caused to the holiday home during the duration of the stay is liable to be paid by the competition winner.
- By entering a contest, you conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions as well as by any rules specific to that competition or contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
- In contests in which winners are selected at random, the odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received and cannot be determined in advance.
- Any prize is as stated in any messaging or promotions advertising the competition. No cash or other alternative may be requested by the winner and prizes are non-transferable.
- Agway Milling Ltd reserves the right at its sole discretion to alter any prize or substitute the prize with vouchers to the same value for any reason and without notification. In the event that the winner declines the prize awarded to him or her, or that Agway Milling Ltdis unable to contact the winner after reasonable efforts have been made, Agway Milling Ltd may award the prize to another entrant.
- Each contest will state a deadline for entry and the date when the winner(s) will be announced.
- The winner may be asked to take part in publicity. By accepting the prize, the winner grants Agway Milling Ltd the right to use and publish his or her name and picture in such media as Agway Milling Ltd may choose (including but not limited to the internet and social media) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration.
- By entering a Agway Milling Ltd competition on social media the entrant is agreeing to having their name/social media profile used in the announcement of the winner on social media.
- All entrants to Agway Milling Ltd competitions agree to being contacted by Agway Milling Ltd in relation to this competition.
- Agway Milling Ltdreserves the right to require the winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility as a sworn document and provide other proof of eligibility as a condition of receipt of the prize or award.
- Agway Milling Ltd reserves the right to suspend or terminate the competition or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time for any valid, technical or commercial reason.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts. These Competition Terms and Conditions were last updated on 26th March 2021.